Honey, lemon pepper flavor, and liquid smoke make this baked chicken legs recipe one of the greatest you’ve ever had. It’s a simple recipe for chicken drumsticks with crispy skin that is ideal for tonight’s dinner.
Cooking oven-baked chicken drumsticks are one of my favorite methods for preparing chicken. Baked chicken legs are pretty simple to prepare, and I will share the recipe with you today.
Five pantry staples are all you need to get started. There’s no need for a lengthy marinating period to top it all off.
Due to Hickory Liquid Smoke, these chicken drumsticks are moist, juicy, and delectable, with crispy skin and BBQ characteristics.
This recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Cayenne pepper
- Liquid smoke
- Chicken drumsticks/legs
- Lemon pepper seasonings
These simple elements are sure to provide delectable outcomes. To give them the taste of a BBQ restaurant, liquid smoke is used to flavor the chicken.
This takes about 30 to 35 minutes to cook chicken drumsticks in the oven at 400°F or 204°C.
Meat that is not dry and rubbery is what you desire. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERBAKE.
Insert a meat thermometer into the bone-in part of the leg to determine the bird’s internal temperature. 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75 degrees Celsius) is the ideal temperature for cooking.
- Use a jar of your favorite bottled lemon pepper seasoning to get the flavor you want.
- Consider purchasing smaller organic chicken drumsticks. If you’re making a larger batch, bake it longer.
- Once baked for 15 minutes on one side and 15-20 minutes on the other, the chicken legs can be enjoyed! Broil for one minute or until the skin becomes crispy.
Are the chicken legs safe to bake in the oven at 375°F?
- That’s for sure. It’s unnecessary to increase the cooking time if you’re using a lower temperature. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
Can I use leg quarters?
- You can, in fact. To separate the legs and thighs, cut the leg sections in half. You will get the same results if you follow the simple instructions.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 498 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Serve this dish with rice or pasta that can be a side dish. I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
- Ultimate French Mashed Potatoes (Joël Robuchon)
- Pasta Recipes – One Pot Pasta
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2-1/4 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon bottled lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Hickory Liquid Smoke
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken legs (chicken drumsticks)
- chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss everything, including the chicken legs, in a bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use. Make sure everything is thoroughly combined by giving it a good stir.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken legs on it. The marinade should be smeared on the chicken leg.
- After 15 minutes in the oven, turn the chicken over and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the meat is cooked. Let it boil until the skin is golden brown and crunchy. Serve the parsley-crusted baked chicken legs right away.