Brown sugar, garlic, and cayenne pepper coat chicken thighs in this baked dish. You’re going to love this 10-minute chicken thigh prep recipe!
Chicken Thigh Recipes
The oven is a great place to cook chicken thighs.
Roasting and baking chicken thighs ensure juicy, tender, and moist.
In addition to being one of the quickest and easiest chicken thigh dishes, the baked chicken thighs recipe takes just 10 minutes of active prep time.
Recipe for Baked Chicken Thighs
We guarantee you’ll find no better-baked chicken thighs recipe on the internet than this one!
To begin, marinate the chicken thighs in a mixture of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
Thighs should be baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes or until the skin is crispy and brown. After removing the dish from the oven, serve it immediately.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Thighs
The following items are all you need to make a delicious dish of chicken thighs:
- Bone-in chicken thighs with skin on
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- Both boneless and skinless chicken thighs are acceptable for this recipe. Bone-in thighs are what I prefer. The skin on the chicken thighs becomes golden brown and crispy after roasting them at a high temperature in the oven.
- This dish doesn’t need butter or oil if you use skinless thighs because the skin adds a lot of grease to the chicken.
- Tender and juicy chicken is guaranteed.
- Make a few slashes in the thighs’ bottoms. The marinade will enhance the flavor of this dish.
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs?
- Cooking time for chicken thighs is 35-40 minutes at a temperature of 425°F (220°C).
- The overall cooking time will vary according to the size of the bone-in chicken thighs you choose to use in your recipe.
- 165° Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature for cooking chicken, with the skin becoming crispy and golden.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Foil Necessary for the Chicken to Bake?
- You don’t need foil for this recipe because it yields succulent and delicate chicken thighs. In addition, if you want crispy skin, don’t use aluminum foil to wrap or cover the chicken.
Is it okay to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts?
- This dish works best with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 388 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Rice and vegetables go well together in this dish. I like to serve them with a side of cilantro lime rice and a colorful side of vegetables. I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
- Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Broccoli
- Italian Roasted Potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) of bone-in chicken thighs (5 small thighs or 4 big thighs)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A few small cuts should be made at the bottom of the chicken leg. Onion and garlic should be applied to the bottom of the bird and the skin and then left to cook (the garlic should get inside the slits and flavor the chicken thighs). Bring everything together with a good stir: brown sugar, salt, cayenne.
- The skin should be crispy and brown after 35 minutes of baking. Serve immediately after removing from heat and sprinkling with minced parsley.