BAKED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY SPICY SAUCE
Scallops, enoki mushrooms, and a creamy spicy sauce are roasted to perfection.
A 475 degree Fahrenheit blazing hot oven burned my left thumb because I was so eager to taste this food like a hungrily possessed soul.
In the meantime, I’ve developed an enormous blister on my right heel and a smaller one on my right thumb. Even though I’ve been dousing my thumb in ice water, it continues to pain.
But the consolation of the day is this nicely roasted scallops with enoki mushrooms in a creamy spicy sauce (the mayonnaise topping is strutting its thing).
There is a good chance you’ve had this meal at a Chinese or Japanese seafood buffet. It’s also a popular dish at restaurants like Matsuhisa, Nobu, Koi, and other Japanese restaurants in Southern California.
While the dish can be made in a flash, keep your fingers away from the food at all times.
Each serving of this recipe has only 164 calories.
- 6 tablespoons of creamy spicy sauce
- 6 sea scallops
- 1 pack of enoki mushrooms
CREAMY SPICY SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Scallops should be cleaned and sliced into four equal pieces (slice horizontally).
- Cut the enoki mushroom roots into four pieces and set them aside.
- Bake the scallops for 3 to 4 minutes after placing them on top of the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- You may take the scallops from the oven when they’re done and serve them with the sauce.
- Bake the scallops for a few more minutes again until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve each serving hot with a sprinkle of paprika powder on top.