Sweet potatoes have never tasted better than in this recipe for roasted sweet potatoes. Crispy and buttery baked chips with thinly sliced potatoes. It’s so simple, yet so good!
Sweet potatoes roasted in the oven are one of my favorite foods.
Often, sweet potatoes are cooked whole in the oven or roasted, but they can also be sliced into wedges, slices, or chips before baking or roasting.
Sweet potatoes baked with butter, salt, and herbs are one of my all-time favorite dishes.
My favorite sweet potato recipe is this one. Crispy and buttery chips are the perfect accompaniment to Thanksgiving dinner!
A mandolin slicer is ideal for slicing peeled potatoes into tiny slices. Paper towels work well for this. Then, combine the sliced sweet potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, and rosemary/oregano in a large bowl. Put the slices in an upright position (from left to right) in a small baking dish and bake for one hour.
At 204°C or 400°F, the ideal baking temperature is achieved.
The potatoes should be cooked through and crispy around the edges, which takes about 60 minutes in the oven.
Thin, even slices are easiest to achieve with a Mandoline Slicer.
Click here to buy the OXO Handheld Mandoline Slicer on Amazon. Alternatively, you might use a sharp knife to cut the meat.
When using the Mandoline Slicer, please exercise extreme caution. I recommend using gloves to avoid cutting your finger.
Savory, however, can add marshmallows as a garnish and serve it as a Thanksgiving dish.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 344 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Main meals or side dishes are the greatest accompaniments for this meal, which can be served as is. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- BACON PARMESAN GOUGERES (CHEESE PUFFS)
- SKILLET GARLIC BUTTER STEAK
- CAJUN CHICKEN
- ONE-POT SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE
- 4 lbs. (2 kg) sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt flakes (preferred) or salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary or oregano
- 6 oz. (170 g / 1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, or melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- The oven should be preheated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (207 degrees Celsius).
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes on a mandolin slicer. Paper towels can be used to pat the potatoes dry.
- Combine the sliced sweet potatoes with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Combine chopped rosemary and oregano with butter, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Carefully stack the sweet potatoes one on top of the other in an oven-safe dish. The crispiness of the sweet potatoes will be affected if you stuff them in too firmly.
- When the sweet potatoes are done and crispy, put them in the oven for an hour or so. Serve at once.
- Duck fat can be substituted for the butter in this recipe.
- Crispy Leaf Potatoes, from which this dish was taken.