Roasted sweet corn smeared in homemade basil butter and topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. No other corn has ever tasted this wonderful!
It’s Sunday! This week, I made up a batch of delicious basil butter corn topped with shaved Parmesan.
My son ate one, and I ate three of them myself, keeping the other for my son.
They’re that good, you’re right. My motivation for this meal came from a similar recipe I found in Food Network magazine.
Basil butter is a beautiful addition to any spread. All you have to do is combine melted butter with fresh basil leaves, honey, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Roast the corn in the oven after you’ve finished slathering the corn with butter. Add more Parmesan cheese to the corn and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly, to complete the dish. It’s so remarkable you’ll lick your fingers clean after eating it.
Summer is slipping away fast, so make the most of it while you can. Grill these corn on the cob if you like, but if not, enjoy the remaining few weeks of warmth while you can.
This recipe is foolproof and only calls for a handful of ingredients no matter how you slice it. Enjoy!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 197 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- Parmesan Bacon Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Butternut Squash
- Candied Carrots
- Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 stick salted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 ears corn
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Your oven should be preheated up to 400°F (207°C)
- Using a food processor, combine the butter and all other ingredients except the honey and cayenne pepper.
- Using parchment paper or aluminum foil, prepare a baking pan and arrange the corn. Bake the corn for 20 minutes after liberally brushing them with butter. Bake the corn for an additional 5 minutes with the shaved Parmesan cheese on top until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve soon after taking the pan off the heat.
- The corn can be grilled on a barbecue. Cover the grill and add the Parmesan cheese to the top. Before serving, allow the cheese to melt.