To satisfy my mother’s sweet tooth, I raided the refrigerator for some dried blueberries. Scones with yogurt and blueberries were inspired by the Summer Berry Pie recipe.
Check out these cuties. You may put this recipe to the test against anyone!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. of sugar (plus 1/2 tsp., divided)
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder (plus 1/2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 5 tbsp. of butter (cold)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of full-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup of dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp. of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine all the dry ingredients in a huge bowl. Using two butter knives, remove any large butter lumps from the flour.
2. Whisk the egg and yogurt together in a small bowl. Add it along with the dried blueberries to the flour and butter mixture. Carefully fold the ingredients together using a spatula, being careful not to overwork the dough. You can add a spoonful of whole milk at a time until the dough comes together.
3. Using a spatula, begin scooping out portions of dough and forming them into small mounds on a nonstick-coated sheet pan. In this amount of time, you should be able to make 10-12 scones.
4. Brush each scone with half a teaspoon of sugar and one tablespoon of milk. For a few minutes, bake them at 400 degrees.—Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown on top.