CROCK-POT (SLOW COOKER) CHICKEN ADOBO
A slow cooker or crockpot chicken adobo is the best and easiest way to prepare chicken adobo. If you only need to prepare the chicken, garlic, and seasonings, dinner will be ready in minutes.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ADOBO
I have a classic Chicken Adobo dish that is simple and delicious that can be cooked in a pan, and this is adobo that can be done in a slow cooker.
Chicken adobo is a delicious recipe prepared in a slow cooker or crockpot. All you need to do is put your ingredients into a slow cooker and sit back and relax while it does its thing.
WHAT IS ADOBO?
When most people think of adobo, they think of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, which is correct. When it comes to Filipino cuisine, adobo is a form of vinegar-based marinade made out of soy sauce, garlic, and other seasonings.
Whole black peppercorns and bay leaves are used to enhance the flavor of this chicken meal, which features adobo sauce as the main ingredient.
When the chicken is cooking away in the crockpot, the tanginess of the vinegar is absorbed into the meat.
Additionally, the vinegar aids in the preservation of the chicken’s softness, resulting in a moist piece of fowl.
ONE-POT DINNER FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
You will have dinner ready for the entire family without any effort, and cleanup will be a breeze because you will only have one pot to clean.
With the start of the school year approaching, make this crockpot chicken adobo dish for your family, and I guarantee that even the pickiest eater will enjoy it.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ADOBO?
Whenever possible, I recommended serving the dish with plain steamed white rice and garnished with chopped romaine lettuce and cucumbers. You may also create cilantro lime rice, a delicious side dish to go with this entrée.
Pour the adobo sauce over the lettuce and cucumbers to boost their flavor.
A side of soy sauce, which could be used to dip pieces of chicken into, would also be great. You may add a little extra flavor to your soy sauce by adding sugar, diced Thai chili peppers, and lime juice.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 334 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- GINGER SOY BOK CHOY
- CILANTRO LIME RICE
- LUMPIA (FILIPINO SPRING ROLLS)
- SWEET CHILI SHRIMP
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 peeled cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- Place all of the ingredients in a crockpot in the order stated above. Ensure that the peppercorns and bay leaves are completely submerged in the liquid. Cook for 5 hours on high heat.
- Pour half of the reserved liquid into the bottom and put the chicken in the container in a baking dish. Allow 30 minutes for baking. 8 to 10 minutes under the broiler of your oven will give your chicken breasts an attractive browned color.
- Place the cooked chicken on a serving tray when removed from the oven.