These oven-baked chicken drumsticks are quick and easy to make. With a simple dusting of salt and pepper, dinner is ready. Take 10 minutes to get prepared!
Even the most sluggish of us crave a quick and easy meal occasionally. You can make this Dry Rub Baked Chicken in about 10 minutes and utilize just three key ingredients.
You may kick back on the couch with a good book or game while the oven takes care of the cooking.
You can’t go wrong with these chicken drumsticks. The flavors of the dry rub really come through on the chicken. There’s no time to marinate.
Before applying the dry rub to the chicken, sprinkle some salt. While you’re curled up on the couch, put the chicken in the oven to bake.
My homemade dry rub recipe is the best I’ve ever tried. Simple dry rub components are all you need to produce your own chicken, ribs, steaks, hog, or turkey. Visit this page for a link to my dry-rub recipe.
- I roasted the chicken with a dry rub for 30 minutes at 375°F in this recipe.
- Depending on the size of the chicken leg, it may take between 35 and 40 minutes to cook. It’s better to get organic chicken because its drumsticks are smaller and more tender and juicy.
- At the 20-minute mark, drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken. This will help keep the skin hydrated and shiny.
- Cooking the chicken past its doneness would just hasten their demise. At the 30-minute mark, conduct a last check. Check the inside of the chicken by making a small slit in the meat. A few more minutes of baking may be necessary if the heart is still bleeding.
- To serve, simply dip the chicken drumsticks in BBQ sauce and enjoy an all-American meal.
- Perfect with steamed rice or Easy Spaghetti, these chicken drumsticks are sure to please.
- An excellent side dish would be Crispy Roasted Potatoes.
- Spinach with Garlic Butter Sauteed in Garlic Butter.
- More recipe pairing suggestions can be found in the section below, under “Recipe Pairing Ideas.”
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 329 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- HERB-ROASTED TOMATOES
- BAKED SWEET POTATO
- EASY POTATO ROLLS
- PASTA RECIPES
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 – 3 tablespoons meat dry rub
- Set the oven up to 190°C/375°F.
- Gently dry the chicken drumsticks using paper towels after rinsing them in cold water. The skin and meat of the drumsticks should be liberally rubbed with a dry rub.
- In a baking dish coated with parchment paper, place the chicken and roast it in the oven. Take the chicken out of the range at the 20-minute mark and brush it with olive oil. Ten minutes later, turn the drumsticks over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cut a small slit into the meat of the chicken to check for doneness. Bake the meat for a further 5-10 minutes if necessary to ensure full completion of cooking. Barbecue the chicken and serve it with the sauce.
- To create your own dry rub, simply follow the directions in this post. Alternatively, you can buy bottled dry rub in the spices section of your local supermarkets.
- The chicken drippings on the baking sheet should not be thrown away. Scoop up the drippings and pour them over the chicken to keep them moist and flavorful.
- On either an outdoor or inside barbecue, you may cook the chicken to your liking.