The most straightforward recipe for mussels ever requires 20 minutes to prepare with everyday items. Serve with pasta for a meal worthy of a five-star hotel or restaurant.
Any opportunity to have my favorite steamed mussels pot, which is paired with French fries and cooked with white wine, garlic, and parsley, is a must for me whenever I visit Paris.
That’s why I went to Costco and got a five-pound bag of mussels and then came up with this simple recipe for steamed mussels.
I just made some spaghetti and then topped it with the mussels and sauce for a complete supper.
In the end, you’ll have a feast fit for a king.
INGREDIENTS FOR MUSSELS RECIPE
- White wine
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- It’s best to throw out mussels that open and don’t close when you touch them if they’re past their prime.
- In the sink, give the mussels a good rinse under running water. Remove hairs and barnacles with a scrub brush.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 172 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Pasta is the ideal vehicle for this recipe. My picks for quick and healthy evening meals are the ones listed below.
- BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP
- GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- BUTTER-SAUTEED POTATOES AND MUSHROOMS
- CAULIFLOWER RECIPES – ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 1/2 lbs. mussels
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, Italian parsley preferred
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove the mussels’ beards by taking them off with a pair of scissors or a pair of pliers. Remove the drain and set it aside.
- Set medium-high heat to a skillet. Add the olive oil to the mixture and mix it well. Before adding the mussels, cook the garlic for a few minutes in hot oil. The mussels should be tossed and stirred together. Add the white wine and diced tomato to the pot. Steam the mussels for a minute, or until they’re all open, then remove the lid.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and parsley, to taste. Mix thoroughly. Serve at once.
- Plain spaghetti accompanied the mussels. Simply dish the sauce and the mussels, and you’re done.