The moment has come for desserts in the colors of the American flag! Memorial Day is quickly approaching, so you’ll want to have a few patriotic recipes on hand. This fresh berry tart is a sure bet.
- Desserts like this are sure to be a hit with everyone.
- People will wonder if you bought it, to which you might respond, “Of course not, I MADE it. Because I’m a cooking goddess.”
- Put together in 45 minutes.
- Summertime sunlight and rainbows in a sip.
This berry tart was a hit with my mother, who isn’t usually a fan of desserts. Light and elegant, the mascarpone cream, the berries, the apricot jam, and the buttery crust make this dessert a perfect mix. Love the rustic, Hobbit-like simplicity of it. Furthermore, if my allusion to the Hobbit hasn’t already convinced you, nothing else will.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
- 1 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1/3 cup of chilled heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. A food processor can help you get a smooth and consistent texture by pulsing together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, and salt). Process the butter until it comes together in a ball. Fit the dough into a 10-inch tart pan with a detachable base by rolling it out to a 12-inch diameter. Make sure the crust is pushed all the way up and into the fluted sides of the pan before baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes with a fork protruding from the surface. It should be completely cooled down.
- Beat the mascarpone, cream, and sugar together until they are smooth and well blended. Arrange the berries on top after spreading the batter evenly in the pan.
- If using, warm the apricot jam and Grand Marnier together in a small saucepan until thick and syrupy. When it’s just warm to the touch, turn off the heat. Put some on the berries and watch the magic happen. Serve.