FRIED SHRIMP BALLS
It is a popular Chinese snack made of crispy and crunchy shrimp balls. Today, I’m going to show you how to make shrimp balls. Isn’t it wonderful how the skin is crisp and crunchy?
It’s great to make shrimp balls. As a first step, make a paste of shrimp and spices. To prepare the spring roll wrappers, cut them into long, thin strips.
To deep-fry, the shrimp paste balls wet your hands with water, form them into balls, and then roll them over a bed of spring roll strips. This is a no-fail recipe that anybody can make.
It’s hard to go wrong with a fried shrimp ball as an appetizer. It’s a typical dim sum at Hong Kong-style restaurants and dim sum restaurants anywhere else across the world.
The bite-sized snacks served in bamboo steamers, or deep-fried to golden perfection are what make Dim Sum such a special treat.
At any time of day, I’d happily devour hundreds of these shrimp balls! I can’t get enough of them. Each serving of this meal contains just 171 calories.
- Defrost 1 pound (0.4 kilograms) of shelled and deveined shrimp.
- Lightly beat one egg white
- or fish sauce 1 tbsp.
- 1 sugar cube, 1 corn starch cube
- 1/2 tsp. oil from sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil or little pig fat
- White pepper powder in the amount of three dashes
- Wrapper for eight spring roll sandwiches (8-inch square)
- Add the shrimp, egg white, salt/fish sauce, sugar, corn starch, sesame oil, oil, and white pepper to a tiny food processor and pulse until smooth. It’s time to get down to business and make some shrimp paste.
- Roll the spring roll after cutting it by half. By using scissors, thinly slice the spring roll wrappers. Reduce the length of the strips by chopping them into smaller pieces. Lay them out on the ground. Shrimp paste can be formed into balls (approximately 1 tablespoon) and rolled atop a bed of spring roll strips.
- The shrimp ball will attach to the spring roll strips.
- Cut the spring roll strips using scissors to remove them. A uniform coating of shrimp strips is critical for this recipe’s success!
- Deep-fry the shrimp balls for around 5 minutes in a deep fryer or wok. When serving, top the dish with your favorite chili sauce and Thai sweet chili sauce.