Easy and delicious green bean casserole recipe for Thanksgiving; besides being nutritious, this dish is tasty and can easily feed a big group.
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Adding ham and cheese to this green bean casserole recipe pays homage to the classic recipe and takes it to a new level.
This great ham and cheese green bean casserole is rich, creamy, and flavorful, and it far surpasses any other recipe I’ve made before. Indeed, this is the greatest ever!
Because the green beans have not been blanched, they retain their crispness and freshness.
HOW TO MAKE EASY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE?
It’s a terrific recipe to have on hand for any occasion, and it’s perfect for the holidays. I beg you to try this dish in honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
Your Thanksgiving green bean meal will never be the same again. I’ll be there for you!
Making this dish only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, and it’s pretty simple to put together.
First, you can combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well (cream of mushroom, shredded cheese, sour cream, and french fried onions), then add the half-and-half and salt and pepper to taste.
The fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped, are then added. There is no need to blanch the green beans because they will cook in the oven for nearly an hour.
After placing the mixture in a buttered casserole dish, you should sprinkle cheese on top.
After baking it for 40 minutes at 350°F, you’ll have a casserole of green beans that will blow your mind.
When making a green bean casserole, what are the ingredients in it?
There are no missing components in the traditional green bean casserole.
The addition of cheese and ham enhances the flavor.
- As they are known in France, the haricots verts are a type of green bean that is thinner and more sensitive than other varieties. They’re more flavorful and pronounced.
- Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Store-bought crispy French fried onions
- Half and Half
- Cooked and cubed ham
- Chopped onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE?
Roasted turkey, chicken, cornish hens, and Christmas ham are traditional options for the Thanksgiving meal table.
The casserole is also an excellent companion to:
When you want to make the fantastic green bean casserole for Thanksgiving, here are some tips from the cooks:
- There is no need to blanch the green beans; therefore, do not do so. After baking, your green beans will retain their crispness and not get soggy and mushy. Thank you very much for sharing this culinary technique with me!
- Try a variety of cheeses, such as Gruyere or Monterey Jack, and see what you think.
- If some of your visitors aren’t fans of mushrooms, consider serving cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom.
- Cajun seasoning, Old Bay, and dry mustard are just a few of the many spices you can use to spice up this dish.
- You can use creme Fraiche and sautéed fresh mushrooms in place of canned cream of mushroom soup to make this dish more flavorful.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ahead of time, can I make ham and cheese green bean casserole?
- Yes, you can prepare the entire recipe up to one day ahead of time. Refrigerate after you’ve wrapped it up in plastic wrap.
How long do leftovers last?
- As long as they’re covered, you can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for five days.
The average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 375 calories.
Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
I’ve compiled a list of Thanksgiving dishes that you can use.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup half and half
- One lb. trimmed French green beans or haricots verts, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups of canned French fried onions
- Two cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. ham, diced
- unsalted butter for greasing baking dish
- Heat your oven to 176 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) in advance. Butter a 10-by-12-inch baking pan.
- In a big bowl, soup, half and half, garlic, salt, and pepper are whisked together. Toss in the green beans and ham along with the onion, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and 1 cup of French fried onions.
- Please take out a baking dish, and pour the casserole ingredients into it. Bake for about 50 minutes, until bubbly and browned on top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. You should sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of French fried onions over the green bean casserole before removing it from the oven. Serve at once.
- Cravings Cookbook inspired this recipe.