You all seem to really appreciate simple chicken dishes. When I initially shared the recipe for this roasted lemon chicken in one pan, I didn’t recognize it at the time. After that, I’ve been on the lookout for one-pan dinner recipes, and this one for Mediterranean chicken thighs might well be the best I’ve found so far. The roasted lemon chicken recipe takes a backseat to this one, which is equally delicious.
It follows the same principle as that dish. You may make a full meal by roasting chicken and potatoes together in the same dish. The lemon flavor is replaced in this dish by roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and capers.
About ten simple ingredients—many of which are probably already in your kitchen cupboards—are all you need to make this dish. Using a roasting pan set over high heat, you quickly brown the chicken thighs. Next, add some potatoes, roasted red peppers in a jar, capers, grape tomatoes, garlic, and oregano.
After tossing the ingredients with olive oil, salt, and pepper, they can be baked for an hour while you tend to other matters on a weeknight or weekend afternoon.
When you remove the roaster from the oven, you will have a full, wonderful meal fit for a formal supper.
Let’s begin the process of making these Mediterranean chicken thighs.
- 680g scrubbed potatoes (chop into small chunks)
- 10 ounces of drained and sliced roasted red peppers
- 8 chicken thighs
- 8 cloves of peeled and crushed garlic
- 5 sprigs of fresh oregan
- 1 pint or 275-300g cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of drained capers
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Set oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- The chicken must be washed and dried with paper towels. Add salt and pepper to taste before cooking the chicken. A few teaspoons of olive oil should be heated in a roasting pan set over medium-high heat.
- To grill chicken, start with the skin side down and cook until it’s just browned. Turn the chicken over and remove it from the oven.
- Mix in the garlic, oregano, capers, tomatoes, red peppers, and potatoes. Put more salt and pepper to taste, and a few more tablespoons of olive oil.
- Put in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- You can garnish it with parsley before serving.