POUND CAKE RECIPE
The classic recipe for pound cake provides a rich, buttery, velvety, moist cake. An easy-to-follow recipe for pound cake.
In the eyes of airlines, I’m a terrible passenger. As a self-described magazine hoarder, I snag every in-flight publication, stack it high in my seat, and never put it back. I then rip out the intriguing pages. Oh, my gosh, did I just spill the beans?!
Flight attendants and passengers sneer at me when they hear the suspicious noise I make as I pull pages out of my book. I’m powerless to stop myself. Addiction to publications and aircraft travel keeps me up at night, and I can’t resist the tantalizing food and recipes featured in periodicals. “Tear me, tear me,” they whisper in my ear, I swear.
As a result of the aforementioned events, we have this pound cake. The pound cake photographs appear silky, delectably rich, moist, and just right. When I got home, I tried the pound cake recipe that I’d ripped out of the book. Sorry about that! The pound cake I made turned out really well. It was an excellent recipe for pound cake.
There are just 158 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 6 eggs
- 226 g of cold cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons of pure vanilla
- 3 cups of sifted cake flour
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds
- 2 ½ cups of fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Make sure your loaf pans are well-greased and gently floured. I used a tiny loaf pan, which makes four loaves, but you could use an 8x4x2 inch (20x10x1 cm) pan or a 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan.
- Add the cream cheese to the whipped butter and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Slowly beat for 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth. Turn on medium speed and beat for about 5 minutes to get a fluffy cake. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla while mixing. Adding one egg at a time and smashing until fully combined is the next step.
- Before adding the flour, reduce the speed to its lowest setting. Beat the batter until it’s smooth and well mixed. In order to ensure even distribution, gently shake the pan back and forth several times. Sliced almonds should be placed on top after the batter has been zigzagged with a spatula.
- Bake at 300°F (148°F) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Baking time for a tube pan is one hour and forty-five minutes. Remove the pound cake from the pans and let it cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before serving.
It takes around five minutes to cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.