PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE
A pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake recipe that combines the flavors of pumpkin and cream cheese in one delicious cake. This cake is a must-have for cheesecake fans.
The days are shortening as we near the end of summer. Although I prefer the warmth of the summer, the crisp, fresh air of fall tempts me just as much.
Pumpkins and other autumnal fare are now readily available at supermarkets nationwide. There are a slew of pumpkin cream cheese bundt cake recipes floating around on the internet, and I’ve got the greatest one for you.
Because fall is right around the corner, we decided to make a fall cake. Instead of the cinnamon brown sugar glaze called for in the original recipe, we opted for a simple white sugar icing, as the bundt cake itself had plenty of flavor to begin with.
The cake’s white icing also serves as a seamless transition from summer to fall fare. Add a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon to the white icing in order to provide some warmth.
Each serving of this recipe has only 395 calories.
- 230 g of package cream cheese
- 100 g of sugar, granulated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
PUMPKIN BUNDY CAKE:
- 360 g of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of softened and unsalted butter
- 1/2 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 15 g of unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons of milk
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add nonstick cooking spray to a 12-cup bundt pan.
- When preparing the cream cheese filling: While using a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and granulated sugar until well combined. Batter in the egg and beat until smooth. Add in the cinnamon and vanilla. Make a separate bowl of filling and put it in the fridge while you make the cake batter.
- Baking powder and salt should be combined in a large basin with the flour. Cream the butter and sugars in a stand mixer bowl. Whisk in the eggs into the batter until well blended. Take a bowl and mix in the pumpkin puree, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet components until they are completely mixed in.
- Start by pouring half of the pumpkin batter into the bundt pan that has been preheated, being careful to fill up all of the gaps. The back of a spatula can be used to smooth the top. Then, using a spatula or other flat surface, smooth the cream cheese filling over the batter. Repeat with the rest of the pumpkin batter, making sure to completely cover the cream cheese. Ensure that the batter is evenly distributed throughout the pan by rapping it on the counter several times.
- Stick a toothpick halfway through the cake and remove it from the oven after 55-60 minutes. To fully cool the bundt, remove it from the pan and onto a wire rack.
- Melt the butter and milk in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave for 40 seconds or until smooth. It’s time to add the powdered sugar, so begin by stirring it in. Add more powdered sugar if you prefer a thicker icing consistency. To make the icing thinner, you can also add milk. The icing should be thick enough to coat the bundt cake, yet runny enough to spread smoothly.
- Toss the icing on top of the cake, focusing on the peak and allowing it to flow down the edges, before refrigerating. Due to the glaze’s rapid setting time, work swiftly.