PUMPKIN CREAM PUFFS
Filling of sweet pumpkin cream on a puff pastry shell. Make these pumpkin cream puffs for the holidays!
A few Thanksgiving desserts, such pumpkin, pecan and apple pies, tend to be the most popular.
They’re all great, but I thought I’d share some new dessert ideas with you this year that are festive, made using seasonal favorites, and sure to impress your family and guests. Start with these scrumptious and light-as-air pumpkin cream puffs.
Chèvre is one of my favorite types of pastries. Although they’re great on their own, they’re much better when stuffed with sweet pumpkin cream filling, as we’ve done here. Don’t you want to eat your computer screen after seeing these images?
The recipe for these pumpkin cream puffs was generously shared by my baking assistant. You can serve them as a sweet treat at the conclusion of the dinner, which is ideal for a holiday feast.
Each serving of this recipe has only 241 calories.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ of the 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of the spice of pumpkin pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Boil the butter, water, and salt in a big pot. Beat the mixture quickly until it forms a ball with the addition of the flour. Include the eggs one at a time, beating each one completely before adding it to the dough.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough onto an oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the puffs turn golden brown on top and thoroughly cooked inside. Filling should be let to cool completely before attempting. Use a serrated knife for slicing into cream puffs horizontally.
- To prepare the filling, whisk the cream in an electric mixer until it begins to thicken for about a minute. A gentle peak should develop after about 3 minutes of mixing in the confectioner’s sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in a third of the pumpkin puree with a rubber spatula or wire whisk. Make a circular motion with the spatula, starting in the center of the bowl and working outwards, until all of the ingredients have been mixed. Fold in the remaining pumpkin puree just until it is well-combined before serving.
- Put about 2 teaspoons of pumpkin cream filling into each puff and top a pinch of pumpkin pie spice with confectioners’ sugar and. Keep leftovers in the fridge.