We’re in full pumpkin mode right now. This Pumpkin Mini Muffins recipe is a sure must-try! Foods like pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, roasted pumpkin, and pumpkin seed granola are everywhere. To use a comparison, we are to pumpkin what Bubba was to shrimp.
In China, you may get a variety of pumpkin that works wonderfully in all sorts of desserts. That goes much beyond anything I’ve seen in the States. It looks like a butternut squash on the outside but is more mottled and black, and it contains sweet orange flesh. We just peel it, cut it into slices, steam it, mash it, and add it to any pumpkin-flavored treat we like. In addition, for the price of a child’s lunch, you can have a gigantic one.
At those low costs, these pumpkins are a staple in our cooking year-round. This implies that we are always on the lookout for novel applications. I recently came upon an irresistible recipe for Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts and was all about that.
Must. Have. Doughnuts.
That’s a fantastic recipe, by the way. Yes, even if you don’t have a doughnut pan, we still think you should do it.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- Grease your pans and set the oven temperature to 350 degrees (muffin, donut, whatever).
- To make the batter, combine everything but the flour in a large basin and beat until smooth. Blend the flour in gently. The batter should be spooned into the pans until the cups are almost complete.
- These Pumpkin Mini Muffins need only 11-13 minutes in the oven, whereas doughnuts and large muffins need 18-20 minutes. Glaze, powdered sugar, or cinnamon sugar might be used for rolling.