Easy & Tasty Appetizer
Bacon-wrapped shrimp is a delicious appetizer that’s simple to make and incredibly tasty. For this recipe, there are only two basic steps required.
Pan-fry, grill, or bake the shrimp once wrapped in the bacon. Regardless of the season, this recipe is sure to satisfy your guests every time you serve it.
Whether you serve them with cocktail sauce or your favorite chili sauce, you’re sure to enjoy them.
How to make Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp?
I had some leftover bacon, lemon, and shrimp in the fridge, so I knew I had to use them to make the fantastic bacon-wrapped shrimp recipe from Food & Wine magazine.
This is a fantastic idea for the weekends, for game day, or simply as an appetizer to eat!
Bake bacon-wrapped shrimp for 20 minutes at 375F in the oven. For a crispy, slightly burnt finish, broil the bacon. Serve soon after taking the pan off the heat.
If you want to deep fry your bacon-wrapped shrimp, all you need to do is heat a little oil. The bacon should be crispy after one minute in the oil.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 339 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Balsamic Roasted Potatoes
- Honey Balsamic Butternut Squash
- Chimichurri Salmon with Mango
- Garlic Thyme Roasted Mushrooms
- 20 Jumbo shrimp, shelled with tail on
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and lemon zest to a blender and blend until smooth. Bacon-wrapped shrimp should be brushed with the olive oil mixture on both sides.
- Place the shrimp in a hot frying pan and heat through. Cook the bacon and shrimp in a skillet over high heat, occasionally stirring, until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp are pink inside.
- Bacon-wrapped shrimp can be paired with your favorite cocktail sauces, chili sauces, or BBQ sauces.