Overripe bananas, walnuts, and brown sugar combine to make the best banana bread recipe. This is a simple recipe that may be done without using a mixer. Those who try this banana bread will not be disappointed!
I’ve never had a better banana bread recipe than this! It’s simple to create, juicy, and full of banana scents and flavors.
Now that students have returned to the classrooms, this dish is a must-have.
After it has completely cooled, I slice the banana bread and put it in Ziplock bags for quick breakfasts or snacks.
- The moistness and yogurt flavor of this banana bread makes it the best. I used honey/vanilla yogurt, but you can play around with other tastes to see what works best for your palate.
- You don’t need a mixer; I mix the bananas and other wet ingredients by hand.
- Bake for at least 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, folding in the dry ingredients and pouring into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Bananas purchased at the supermarket work well.
- This moist banana bread recipe benefits significantly from overripe bananas, which are easier to incorporate into the batter.
- Sweetness is enhanced in overripe bananas due to the higher sugar concentration in the fruit’s starch.
- Banana bread pieces kept in the fridge are my favorite way to enjoy them. You can quickly reheat it in the toaster or microwave if you want it warm.
- Quick breakfast: Banana bread goes well with tea or coffee.
- Peanut butter on toast is an exciting twist on the classic peanut butter sandwich, so give it a go.
- Brown sugar, which has a molasses flavor and a golden brown color, should be used.
- If you want to add some extra nutty taste, roast the walnut in the oven.
- A loaf pan lined with parchment paper prevents your banana bread from sticking to the pan. Add some extra overhang to the bottom of your pan by slicing a piece of parchment paper to the desired length. To use cooking spray, simply spritz the parchment paper.
- This is a reasonably adaptable recipe. Nuts, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips can all be added to the dough. Flour any of these ingredients before adding them to the batter.
- A sweet crust can be achieved by sprinkling the top with demerara sugar. Before baking in the oven, sprinkle on top of the batter.
How Long Can Bananas Be Stored in the Freezer?
- Bananas, whole and peeled, can be frozen after being individually wrapped in plastic wrap store in a Ziploc bag for six months. Before baking, let frozen bananas thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- You can mash bananas with a masher. To mash bananas without a masher, use the back of a large spoon.
Is Banana Bread Freezable?
- For up to three months, wrap firmly in foil and put in a Ziploc bag.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 288 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Banana bread is a tasty and filling treat for the morning or afternoon. The following dishes pair nicely with it.
- Dutch Baby
- Parmesan Eggs
- Bacon Broccoli Egg Bites
- Cherry Tomato Frittata
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain whole fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rum, optional (Captain Morgan brand)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat it with cooking spray (9×5 inch loaf pan) to prepare a loaf pan.
- To toast the walnuts, place them on a rimmed baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let it cool after.
- A large bowl and whisk the dry ingredients (flour, butternut squash, brown sugar, baking soda, salt). You’ll need to use your hands to crush the bananas and combine them with the other ingredients. If you’re using rum, add it now. Mix the banana mixture along with the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Make sure the batter is thick and clumpy. Slice and bake the loaf as per instructions.
- About 55 minutes into baking, the banana bread should be golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the banana bread to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Cut into slices, and enjoy while it’s still warm from the pan.