This braised pork belly in an instant pot is a simple dish with the flavor of slow-cooked pork.
Instant Pot Pork Belly = Quick Supper
Using a master stock to prepare a typical braised meat meal can take a long time. If you use an Instant Pot, you can speed up the cooking process considerably.
This dish, beginning to end, takes around an hour. The pork belly and sauces go into the Instant Pot, and you can turn it on and forget about it while it cooks. I can’t think of anything that compares.
Add some rice and your favorite vegetables to your instant pot meal during the last few minutes of cooking time or while the pressure is releasing.
You may expect a pig belly that is almost too tender to hold together and that pork skin? Truly, this is the most enjoyable aspect.
Here is the recipe, so let’s get started.
- 2½ pounds of pork belly
- 5 slices of ginger
- 2 scallions (cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 3 star anise
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of rose-flavored rice wine
- 1 cup of light soy sauce
- ¾ cup of dark soy sauce
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- The Instant Pot is needed, so please get it ready. Put the oil and ginger in the pan and turn on the sauté function. For the next 30 seconds, turn the heat up to high so that the sugars can caramelize.
- The scallions should be added and cooked for another 30 seconds. Put in some sugar, salt, water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, star anise, and rice wine.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on and close the vent. Do a high pressure cooking cycle for 5 minutes.
- After releasing pressure, carefully add the pork belly.
- For 20 minutes on high pressure, cook the pork. After the allotted time has passed, you may let the pressure gradually ease. Once it’s safe to do so, dice the pork belly.
- Serve over rice with a dollop of sauce and a side of stir-fried greens.
- Prepare a container for freezing the braising liquid after it has cooled.
- Simply defrost it in the fridge, then add another half cup of Shaoxing wine, another half cup of soy sauce, another quarter cup of dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 2 teaspoons of sugar to the instant pot.