COLD TOFU SALAD
Cold Tofu Salad is the next recipe in our series.
Cold dishes are frequently served first in a Chinese supper. Tofu or beef, prepared in mild sauces and dressings, is common in these dishes. Summer is a terrific time to enjoy because they are light and cooling. Here’s an example of a nutritious, simple, and foolproof recipe.
- 1 package of tofu “noodles”
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1 long hot green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- salt and white pepper
- Start by cooking your carrot and green pepper for a minute in some boiling water. To maintain their color and crunch, remove the vegetables from the pot and place them in a dish of ice water.
- Add the raw tofu noodles and your vegetables to a serving bowl. Add the white pepper, salt, and sesame oil. Combine everything thoroughly, then top with toasted white or black sesame seeds.