Cooked in an Instant Pot, this dish features a creamy garlic chicken and mushroom sauce. Chicken thighs that are juicy, delicious, and fall off the bone. For tonight’s dinner, serve spaghetti with the meal.
Creamy chicken in a garlicky mushroom sauce. This easy-to-make Instant Pot supper is ideal for a weeknight meal because it requires minimal effort on your part.
In addition to rice or pasta, you may serve the chicken with roasted potatoes as a side dish to go along with the creamy sauce.
With the help of my Instant Pot, I was able to whip up this creamy garlic mushroom chicken dish.
This dish is a real treat, juicy and succulent. Ih addition, it has a lovely earthy flavor because of the inclusion of mushrooms.
This is an effortless sauce to make. Pour olive oil over the garlic and saute until fragrant. Add chicken stock and other ingredients (sour cream, salt, lemon juice).
I used whipped cream instead of heavy whipping cream to keep the sauce light and minimal in calories. I like it a little spicy when it comes to my sauce, so I always throw in some cayenne pepper.
This recipe was made in the Instant Pot. The chicken is first sautéed in the saucepan, and then it is cooked for 10 minutes under high pressure.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this dish can be made in a slow cooker. The chicken should be browned in a skillet on the stove before being transferred to a slow cooker and cooking for three hours on high heat.
I like to serve this chicken with rice or plain spaghetti/pasta and garlic mushrooms in a creamy sauce.
The chicken, mushrooms, and creamy sauce all go together beautifully in this dish, making it ideal for a meal for the whole family.
When it comes to serving the chicken, the choice is entirely yours. This recipe has been tried and true and is sure to please even the most discerning diners.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 330 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Ideally, this recipe would go well with a side of pasta or rice. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CILANTRO LIME RICE
- EASY SPAGHETTI
- HONEY BUTTER-ROASTED CARROTS
- GARLIC BROCCOLI
- ground black pepper
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 6 oz. (170 g) Cremini or white mushrooms stems trimmed
- Coldwater should be used to wash and rinse the chicken thighs. Paper towels work well for this. Remove the extra skin and fat with a pair of kitchen scissors. Salt and pepper the chicken thighs on both sides. Set aside for later.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode. To prevent the chicken from sticking, add half a spoonful of olive oil into the pan. Chicken thighs should be browned on all sides by pan-searing them (skin side down first). (The chicken can be pan-fried in a conventional or nonstick skillet.) You may scoop out all the rendered chicken fat and throw it away.
- Make sure to sauté the garlic for a few minutes before adding the rest of the olive oil. A pinch of salt and a dash of cayenne pepper are all good additions to the mushroom mixture. At high pressure, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Press the Quick Release button to release the clutch when the beeper sounds. Toss in the lemon juice and parsley after the valve drops and give it a good whirl. Saute the sauce for a few minutes to get it down to a manageable level. Taste and adjust the amount of salt and lemon juice as necessary.
- You can serve it right away with a side of spaghetti.
- An Instant Pot 6-quart is what I used.
- Pressure cooking time should be increased by 10 minutes if you use frozen chicken.
- None of the whipped creams had curdled. When you add lemon juice and chopped parsley, it is possible to add the whipped cream after pressure cooking.
- It’s possible to cook this Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken without an Instant Pot. Follow the directions above for pan-frying the chicken. Cook the chicken in a slow, low oven until it is cooked through.