Creamy garlic thyme sauce over pan-fried chicken. Just 20 minutes later, you’ll have a delicious chicken dinner ready to serve.
Now that Labor Day has passed and everyone is back in the classroom, let’s say goodbye to summer delicacies and reacquaint ourselves with quick, easy, and nutritious weekday meals.
The entire family will love this creamy garlic thyme meal, which takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Garlic thyme chicken with a creamy sauce is flavorful without being heavy. Even though the sauce is made with heavy whipping cream, it doesn’t taste heavy.
Having something too creamy and fatty right before the night is a bad idea. These pan-fried chicken thighs have a wonderful crispy bottom and golden brown exterior, but the meat is still supple and moist on the inside.
Garlic and thyme, used liberally, impart a rich, complex flavor and perfume to the chicken. Cayenne pepper adds a mild kick to the sauce.
Garlic thyme chicken is comforting food at its finest, and I can almost guarantee that your family will gobble it up.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 605 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- MAPLE DIJON ROASTED CARROTS
- GARLIC BREAD HOMEMADE
- BROWN BUTTER GARLIC HONEY ROASTED BROCCOLI
- POTATO RECIPES – GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES
- 10 sprigs thyme
- salt to taste
- cooking spray
- ground black pepper
- 1 squirt of fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, top trimmed off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chicken thighs should be seasoned on both sides with salt and pepper. Toss the chicken thighs in some cooking spray and pan-fry them until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides. Discard the drippings from the bottom of the skillet after removing the chicken from it.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil in the skillet. Then add the cream and thyme, and mix thoroughly. Then turn down the heat to low and add the salt and cayenne pepper (if using). Cook the chicken for a few minutes, flipping it to make sure it’s cooked through. Serve the chicken immediately after squeezing it with some fresh lime juice.
- To give the chicken a fiery kick, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over it.