This Roast Pork with Five-Spice recipe is sure to win you some accolades. Perhaps you’ve encountered a roast pork dish like this one before. Typically, the meat is displayed in the shop window at Cantonese restaurants.
It’s ideal, of course, to entice potential buyers to come inside. The rub imparts intense flavor and results in a very crisp exterior. Serve it with rice and your favorite veggie for a complete meal.
- 2.5 pounds of pork belly in one big slab
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Prepare a sizable amount of boiling water. Cook the pork for around 10 minutes in the water. This process removes some of the blood and fat from the meat. Pull the meat from the dish and dry it with a paper towel.
- Prepare the pork by combining all the spices and rubbing them all over the meat. Marinate it for an hour in the fridge.
- Roast the pork at 375 degrees until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 (about 45 minutes – 1 hour).
- Ten minutes of resting time is recommended before you serve the delicious Roast Pork with Five-Spice.