STRAWBERRY AND BLUEBERRY TARTS
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells with frozen strawberry and blueberry filling, milk and sugar.
$4.49 for a package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Shells with tax.
Strawberry and blueberry ice cream, $2.99 with tax for a bag.
An all-natural egg substitute costs less than a dollar.
How much fun is it to make strawberry and blueberry tarts that beg you to “eat me, eat me”?
Each serving of this recipe contains only 193 calories.
- 1 pack of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pasty Shells
- 6 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- powdered sugar
VANILLA CREAM FILLING:
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Stirring frequently, bring the sugar, starch, and milk to a simmer in a saucepan. In a medium-sized saucepan, cook and stir the filling until it thickens and begins to bubble. Slowly pour the egg yolks into the pan, whisking constantly as you go, after the heat is turned off. Cook and stir the mixture on low heat. Butter and vanilla essence should be added to the batter. Set aside the filling in a bowl once it’s been transferred there.
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to the instructions on the packaging. Each pastry shell should be filled with roughly 2 tablespoonfuls of vanilla cream filling after baking. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the strawberries and blueberries before serving. Serve at once.