Baked fish with lemon, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper is delicious and straightforward. Baked cod is one of the most remarkable ways to prepare fish. Five minutes of prep time and a luscious, moist result. I can’t believe how fantastic this is!
Other than swai fish and tilapia dishes, cod is my favorite fish.
Baking cod in the oven is a tried-and-true method for achieving consistently moist, flavorful results.
Baking cod filets requires a few simple ingredients, such as lemon.
This quick and healthy recipe is a snap to put together with just four seasonings and five minutes of prep time.
It’s a quick and easy weeknight meal that’s sure to please everyone!
Ingredients for Baked Cod Fish Recipes
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh or frozen cod
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Your first step in using an oven for baking fish is obtaining a baking sheet. A glass baking dish is one of my favorites.
- Alternatively, place the fish on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake it.
- Baking cod at 205°C or 400°F is the ideal temperature.
- How long do you cook cod? Depending on the cod’s thickness, cook it for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- If you overcook the fish filets, that will make them dry and rubbery, so be careful.
Are Cod Filets Frozen Enough?
- Yes. Before cooking the frozen cod filet, allow it to come to room temperature to defrost. Ensure that the fish filets are patted dry before cooking.
Is it good for my health?
- Codfish, which is low in fat, is an excellent source of protein in this dish. Lean protein is abundant in this dish: vitamin B-12, B3 (Niacin), and B6.
- It has numerous health benefits, including improving cardiovascular health and cognitive function. It is also mercury-free.
The average number of calories per serving
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 442 calories.
With this Baked Cod recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
This dish goes well with boiled potatoes as a side dish. I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Garlic Herb Sauteed Mushrooms
- Boiled Potatoes with Parsley
- Marinated Tomatoes
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. cod filets, rinsed and pat dry
- one 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Fish filets are ready to be baked. Coat the fish using a brush with olive oil liberally, and then sprinkle it with salt, cayenne, and lemon juice.
- Bake cod in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cod. Serve it right away with a sprinkle of parsley on top.