CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
This Thai-inspired fried rice recipe is delectable, fast, and simple to prepare in under 20 minutes. A fantastic dish for the entire family!
Pineapple is fantastic in Asian cuisine, as seen by the Thai shrimp and pineapple stew I featured last week.
Today, I will exemplify creating a delectable chicken and pineapple fried rice.
Everyone here has probably tasted Chinese fried rice, one of the most popular Chinese dishes.
When pineapple is added to conventional chicken fried rice, the dish becomes significantly more intriguing and delectable, owing to the pineapple’s sweet tang.
Additionally, it contributes to the fried rice being less oily, as each bite bursts with the freshness of the pineapple.
What I enjoy most about this chicken and pineapple fried rice is the slightly caramelized pineapple flavor from the wok stir-frying.
While the pineapple remains fresh and juicy, the flavor has a subtle caramelization. It is simply lovely.
Numerous individuals have inquired about overnight rice.
Simply put, it’s yesterday’s rice.
As the rice absorbs moisture, it becomes ideal for fried rice, as each grain of rice becomes dryer, ensuring that your fried rice does not get mushy and “wet.”
When I dine at Chinese restaurants, I usually get an extra helping of rice to carry back and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
I have the ideal overnight rice for my fried rice the following day.
It’s pretty simple, and you don’t even need to prepare steamed rice. Anyway, here’s my recipe for chicken and pineapple fried rice. This recipe has a low-calorie count of 622 calories per serving.
- 3 cups steaming rice overnight
- 2 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3 big, gently beaten eggs
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 oz. (170 g) cubed chicken
- 1 cup cubes pineapple
- 1 cup defrosted frozen mixed veggies
- season with salt to taste
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes freshly ground white pepper
- Break up the lumpy overnight rice with the back of a spoon or fork or with your hand. Combine all of the seasonings.
- In a wok (make sure to use high heat), heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil and fry the eggs first. Break the eggs into little pieces using the spatula. Place aside. Stir-fry the garlic until fragrant in the wok with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir-fry the chicken and pineapple pieces until the chicken is halfway done and the pineapple cubes have caramelized slightly before adding the mixed veggies. Stir well to combine.
- Continually stir-fry the rice in the wok with the spatula until all ingredients are properly combined. Add the mentioned seasonings to the pan and stir well to combine the rice and other ingredients. Combine the cooked eggs and rice in the pan. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.