Fried rice is made using steamed white rice, eggs, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables. Simple and delicate fried rice dish ever, far superior to Chinese restaurants or takeaway!
Consider fresh-off-the-wok fluffy stir-fried rice with chicken, shrimp, egg, pork, and mixed veggies, seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce. It’s delectable!
This article will share how to create basic fried rice with only a few simple ingredients, like in Chinese restaurants. My fried rice recipe is unmatched worldwide!
Additionally, I will demonstrate how to repurpose leftover steamed rice into an attractive, inexpensive, and savory lunch for the entire family!
You may adjust these ingredients to match what you have in the refrigerator:
- Steamed rice (the leftovers can serve as great ingredients too)
- Garlic, minced
- Chicken, pig, shrimp, and egg are all excellent protein sources. You may utilize just one or a mix of them. It’s entirely up to you and your personal preferences.
- Vegetables in a frozen state: carrots, green beans, and corn.
Use freshly steamed rice instead, as the rice grains have too much moisture and are too starchy for stir-frying. Rice will clump and form lumps.
Utilize leftover steamed rice or rice that has been “overnighted.” This refers to rice that has been refrigerated overnight since the rain grains are dry and have lost their moisture content.
Request an additional serving of steamed white rice the next time you dine at a Chinese restaurant or takeout business. Bring it home and refrigerate.
The following day, you’ll have the perfect “overnight” or leftover rice for this dish. This recipe has a low-calorie count of 457 calories per serving.
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 oz. (115 g) chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 4 oz. (115 g) peeled, shelled, and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup thawed frozen mixed veggies
- 12 oz. (340 g) uncooked white rice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sauce d’ oyster
- 3 sprigs freshly ground white pepper
- 2 gently beaten eggs
- season with salt to taste
- A hot wok or pan is used to heat the oil. Once the garlic is aromatic, add the chicken, shrimp, and various vegetables to the pan and heat through. Chicken and shrimp should be half-cooked when stir-fried in this manner. Make sure everything is well-mixed before putting in the rice. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and white pepper while stirring the fried rice for a few more minutes.
- Use a spatula to recover and shove rice to one side of the pan. This will create a “well” in the center of the fried rice. In the “well,” pour the beaten eggs. Allow 30 seconds before covering the eggs with fried rice. Allow 30 seconds to 1 minute and continue stirring until the eggs break down into small pieces and thoroughly incorporate the fried rice—season with salt to taste and whisk briefly before dishing up and serving hot.