Grilling Jerk Chicken in your garden has never been easier. A crowd-pleasing combination of juicy, spicy chicken.
Mr. Rasa Malaysia and I took a vacation to Jamaica around ten years ago. There is no doubt that Jamaica’s beaches were among the greatest that we had ever seen, but it was the enticing aromas of jerk chicken drifting from jerk chicken stalls that first drew us there.
At various locations along the beachfront, we sampled and devoured as many varieties of jerk chicken as we could find.
After our journey, we believed that jerk chicken was Jamaica’s national cuisine. Jerk chicken stands can be found on every street corner, and no matter where they are, customers eagerly eat the dark-skinned, spicy, and hot-off-the-grill chicken. The jerk chicken was delicious.
Martha Stewart’s backyard jerk chicken dish is what I was looking for when I returned to the United States, where getting a good one is nearly impossible.
Savor your palate with these juicy, savory, and smoky treats!
The average number of calories in one serving
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 432 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Garlic Sun-Dried Tomatoes Roasted Shrimp
- Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo)
- Skillet Chili Lime Corn
- 2 pounds (1 kg) chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 habanero chile, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Discard the chicken thighs and wash the chicken thoroughly. Set aside after being dried with paper towels.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Toss the chicken with the paste in a large, resealable plastic bag. Make sure these are thoroughly covered in the paste. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Fire up the grill the following day and oil the grates. Cook the chicken until it is well-done and browned all over on the grill. Serve as soon as the food is taken off the grill.