POPOVERS WITH STRAWBERRY BUTTER
The strawberry butter recipe from Nieman Marcus for popovers. The most delicious handmade rolls you’ve ever had, perfect for any occasion.
Popovers with strawberry butter are the perfect holiday roll recipe, and I’m sharing it with you now. In the restaurants within Nieman Marcus, these aren’t just any popovers; these are the best popovers you’ve ever had.
You’ll never go back to normal rolls after you taste them. Unlike Yorkshire pudding, the egg batter for popovers is light and hollow. You can’t stop eating them because they’re so deliciously eggy on the inside.
Strawberry butter on the popovers will make you forget about the rest of the meal, I can guarantee you.
It’s an adaptation from a cookbook, but my talented baker actually improved it. In the end, the product is spectacular, juicy inside and crispy outside, with a perfect 10 texture.
In order to make the strawberry butter, all you need are two simple ingredients. Both are quite simple to put together.
This recipe creates about 24 regular popovers but I like the smaller size better because it makes 36 of the smaller popovers. Your family will eat all of this, plus more, I promise. Enjoy your time in the kitchen!
Each serving of this recipe contains only 413 calories.
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted and unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 ½ cups of whole milk
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cooking spray
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- A bowl of milk and melted butter should be warm to the touch after being heated in the microwave for two minutes. Sift the sugar and flour into a large mixing basin, then add the salt and baking powder and combine thoroughly. Mix the eggs with an electric mixer in a second big basin for about 3 minutes, until they’re frothy.
- Add warm milk to the mixer at a moderate speed. Add flour mixture gradually and beat for 2 minutes. Approximately one hour at room temperature should be allowed for the batter to rest before serving. The best results are achieved if the batter is refrigerated overnight before baking.
- A standard popovers pan should be preheated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius). Apply a sufficient amount of nonstick spray to the popover pan. Place popover pan on baking sheet and pour batter into cups almost to the brim. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- After 30 to 35 minutes, reduce the heat to 375°F (190°C) and continue baking until the popovers are golden brown.
- Whip up the Strawberry Butter in a separate basin while you’re baking, then stir in the strawberry preserves and continue to mix until fluffy. Butter the popovers before serving.