During those chilly months when sniffles and coughs are common, I’d suggest giving our vegetable noodle soup a whirl – it’s an anti-inflammatory powerhouse.
Do you recall getting sick as a kid and your parents making you a bowl of noodle soup? Vegetable noodle soup with turmeric and ginger is as comforting as it is anti-inflammatory.
Reasons Why This Dish Is So Delicious
- All the excellent stuff is packed in there. Soup made with a wide variety of veggies and just enough heat to clear your nasal passages.
- Even if you’re not feeling well, you can still whip up this dish with surprising ease.
- This delicious soup may be enjoyed at any time, not only when you’re under the weather. Excellent for bolstering the immune system and reducing the likelihood of getting sick.
- You get a complete dinner with noodles, tofu, vegetables, and coconut broth.
- If you meal plan, make a lot of this vegetarian noodle soup on the weekend and have it for lunch and dinner all week.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 10 oz of flat, pad-thai style rice noodles
- 1 inch peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ cups of full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of curry powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of diced baby boy choy
- 1 red chili pepper, diced
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- 375 gram of cubed extra firm tofu, 1 block
- 1 lime, quartered
- Throw the sweet potato, onion, and garlic into a big pot with a splash or two of water. To soften, sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the curry powder, salt, ginger, turmeric, and cumin. Toast the spices and coat the vegetables; this process should take around 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. To make sure the sweet potato is fully cooked, boil it for 15 minutes and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Put in the rice noodles and simmer for about 4 minutes or until they’re soft. The noodles should be prepared independently from the rest of the dish if you’re meal preparing.
- Prepare in bowls and garnish as desired.