Honey and garlic-basted chicken thighs bake to sweet and delicious perfection. This is one of the tastiest baked chicken dishes you’ll ever cook; the meat is luscious and delicious!
You won’t find a better-baked chicken recipe than this Honey Garlic Baked Chicken in the oven. I’ve cooked it three times in a week now. Honestly, it’s that fantastic!
Are you hungry just looking at these honey garlic chicken thighs with their golden skin?
The marinade in my recipe is entirely optional. To make the most delicious chicken meal, simply combine the following ingredients with the chicken. In addition, the ingredients are everyday pantry staples that you already own.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
How long do you bake them in the oven?
In this Honey Garlic Baked Chicken recipe, I used chicken thighs. Before baking the chicken in the oven, I covered it with aluminum foil because it was slathered in honey.
By doing this, you’ll keep the chicken from getting overcooked on the outside while the inside is still raw.
Chicken thighs were baked for 30 minutes and then rested for five minutes before serving. 30 minutes of cooking time would ensure that the chicken was thoroughly cooked.
Please be aware that I used tiny organic chicken thighs. The larger the chicken thighs, the longer you’ll have to bake them.
The final 15 minutes are used to brown the skin. It is crucial to keep an eye on the skin because every oven is different.
Baked chicken that is soft, juicy, and moist is the result of this dish. The honey garlic sauce is incredible; it has a sweet, savory, garlicky flavor with a hint of heat. It’s a must-have.
Indulge in every last drop of the sauce’s sticky sweetness; the chicken is so delicious that you’ll want to lick the plate clean.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 442 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I recommend the following recipes for a nutritious and convenient weeknight dinner.
- Garlic Thyme Roasted Mushrooms
- Lemon Herb Roasted Carrots
- Garlic Chive Butter Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) of chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Set your oven temperature up to 375°F (190°C). Rinse and dry the chicken thighs. Use a paper towel to quickly and thoroughly dry the area. The bottoms of the chicken thighs should be pierced with a knife. Cut three slits in the flesh. Make sure the honey and garlic marinade gets into the meat of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken thighs in a baking dish once they’ve been removed from the refrigerator. Coat each piece of chicken liberally with olive oil. Use minced garlic to rub into the chicken, making careful to get some of it inside the flesh cuts as well.
- Add the honey, salt, and cayenne pepper to the mixture and mix well. Mix the chicken thoroughly with the sauce. It takes about 25-30 minutes to cook the chicken. After that, take off the foil and serve.
- Continue baking for another 15 -20 minutes, or until the skin is browned and crispy. Serve after the pan has been taken off the heat.
- When I made this dish, I used organic chicken thighs that were very small and organic. If your chicken thighs are big, you should cook them longer until golden brown like the picture. To check how the chicken thighs are, cut a small hole in the middle.