Delicious, moist chicken marinated in Hoisin sauce and baked to perfection. This is a simple recipe that even a non-cook can execute.
Delicious Chicken in Hoisin Sauce
In my pantry, hoisin sauce is one of my favorites. Soy sauce, oyster sauce, and hoisin sauce are three of the most commonly used sauces in Chinese cuisine.
Unlike soy sauce and oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce brings an entirely new flavor to a dish’s flavor profile. Sweer and savory at the same time, it’s a delicious concoction.
Overall, a small amount of Hoisin sauce enhances the flavor of a dish significantly. I’m in love with it.
The sauce in this baked hoisin chicken makes it juicy and flavorful while keeping the meat tender. Trying it out right now, in the comfort of your own home, is the most critical step.
Asian Hoisin Chicken
Cooking a silky, smooth, and tender Hoisin chicken breast was one of my previous recipes. This baked Hoisin chicken is even better when the drumsticks are roasted in the oven.
The result is a deliciously nutritious baked meal right at your fingertips.
I adore chicken with Asian flavors, such as ginger garlic baked chicken and honey lemongrass baked chicken, both of which are hugely popular and delicious.
Ingredients to Make Baked Hoisin Chicken
Three ingredients are all that is needed to make this simple recipe.
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
Furthermore, marinating it isn’t necessary.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 351 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
It’s ideal for serving this with a side of steaming hot rice. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 3 heavy dashes of ground white pepper
- Set the oven temperature to 400°F (207°C).
- Before cooking, the chicken with Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper and bake it for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, on a baking sheet lined w/ aluminum foil or parchment paper. Broil for 1-2 minutes to achieve a nicely charred top.
- To serve, immediately remove from the oven.