Creamy garlic sauce over skillet chicken makes this dish out of this world. Dinner is ready in 20 minutes if you pair it with spaghetti.
It’s one of the best and tastiest meals you can make with cupboard items. A lot of garlic, chicken broth, plain yogurt (or whipping cream), and white wine are all you need to make this delicious meal!
Incorporating the ingredients together will result in a creamy garlic chicken that is really delicious.
The sauce is based on this recipe for rustic chicken with garlic gravy, but I used yogurt for the creaminess.
Whipping cream can be substituted for plain yogurt if you don’t have any on hand.
My chicken was deboned, but it had the skin and the bone in.
You’ll receive juicy, tender, crispy-on-the-bottom chicken thighs that aren’t dry, skin on, and boneless.
My step-by-step photos and video tutorial will show you exactly how to debone chicken thighs.
Similar to the chili lime chicken and chipotle lime chicken that I’ve prepared before. Trust me, with chicken thighs, deboned, and skin-on is the way to go!
This is a one-pan chicken dish that’s a breeze to make. Although I prefer using my cast-iron skillet, any pan will do (stainless steel or non-stick).
To give the skin of the chicken a little sear, I finished the creamy garlic chicken with a minute under the broiler in the oven.
In approximately 20 minutes, you’ll be ready to eat this creamy garlic chicken with some spaghetti and only one skillet to clean. It’s time for a meal!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 420 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- BROWN BUTTER GARLIC HONEY ROASTED CARROTS
- CILANTRO LIME RICE
- EASY SPAGHETTI
- ULTIMATE FRENCH MASHED POTATOES (JOËL ROBUCHON)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 sprigs thyme, optional
- 20 oz. (600 g) chicken thighs, skin-on and deboned
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 15-20 cloves garlic
- ground black pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper the chicken before cooking.
- One tablespoon of olive oil should be added to a medium-sized skillet (cast-iron skillet is recommended). Cook the chicken in a skillet until crispy and browned on both sides. The chicken should be removed from the pan and left aside.
- Discard the skillet’s rendered chicken grease. While still warm, add the remaining olive oil and saute the garlic for a few minutes, until it’s tender but not brown for about one minute. Add the chicken broth, white wine, and yogurt to the skillet, followed by the chicken. Let it simmer on low heat. Add salt, pepper, and paprika if you’re using thyme. The sauce should be a little less thick. Immediately remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley.
- The chicken skin can be charred and crisped up by broiling the dish in the oven for about a minute.