MINCED CHICKEN AND PORK ROLLS
Wrapped in a bean curd skin and deep-fried to golden brown perfection, protein This recipe is delicious, so enjoy it!
To be honest, keeping a food blog is a lot of fun, too.
Apart from my commitment to consistently preparing tasty meals, I’ve also learned a lot about different cuisines and recipes that I might not have tried otherwise (and try not to repeat the same dish in order to generate new material!).
What’s the point of making something from scratch when it’s readily available in restaurants and doesn’t require any effort?
Last week, I made some delicious Vietnamese Tau Hu Ky with bean curd skin.
There were a few pieces left after I threw part of them into my Bak Kut Teh.
Despite the fact that Taiwanese Ji Juan differs slightly from Malaysian Lor Bak (five-spice pork rolls), the essential idea is the same: protein is wrapped in bean curd skin and deep-fried till golden brown.
Ji Juan’s meaty and flavorful bites have always been a favorite of mine when dining out in Taiwanese restaurants, so I’m glad I can make them at home.
Each serving of this recipe has only 254 calories.
- 200 g of chicken breast thigh
- 200 g of pork
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 10 shrimp
- 1 finely chopped stalk scallion
- bean curd skin
- 1/8 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of Lee Kum Kee powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- 5 dashes white pepper powder
- With a tiny food processor or by hand, mince the chicken and pork meat.
- Stir in the carrots, scallions, and the rest of the seasonings to the minced meat. Set aside for later.
- Lay the bean curd peel out on a clean, dry surface. To moisturize the skin, dab it with a damp cloth.
- Minced meat should be placed in the lower-center portion of the bean curd peel. Both sides should have about an inch to spare.
- Roll it up by folding the sides inwards. Seal the bag with water or minced meat.
- Add enough oil to a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, toss in the meat rolls and fry them until they’re crispy on the outside and golden brown on the inside.
- Serve with chili garlic sauce or sweet chili sauce as soon as possible.