Using potatoes, onions, eggs, all-purpose flour, and a variety of seasonings, this recipe for savory potato pancakes comes together in minutes. With sour cream or applesauce, these crispy potato latkes are a delightful side dish.
All-purpose flour, potatoes, onion, egg, and seasonings are all that are needed to make potato pancakes. Served with sour cream, they’re a delicious combination of crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle.
Here’s a simple recipe for homemade potato pancakes that’s excellent for a fast lunch on the go. To start a meal, it’s often served as an appetizing appetizer or side dish. In addition, it only takes 20 minutes to put together.
The best way to prepare potato pancakes is to follow this recipe.
Grate the potatoes and onion in a bowl, then add the grated cheese to the bowl and stir. Sift all-purpose flour with an egg whisker and add to the mixture. Then, put the ingredients in a bowl and put them in the fridge to cool down.
Add some oil to the pan or skillet and turn the heat up to medium. The pancake should be flattened and rounded using the back of a spoon after scooping the potato pancake ingredients into the pan. 5 minutes on each side, or until they’re golden brown.
Place the fried potato pancakes on a paper towel-lined dish to remove any excess oil. Sour cream should be added right before serving.
- Before combining the grated potatoes with the rest of the ingredients, rinse and drain them to remove excess starch and oxidation. This process ensures that the crust is crispy rather than soggy.
- Fry the pancakes in a shallow pan over medium-high heat, adding additional oil if necessary.
- Sour cream or applesauce is a wonderful accompaniment to a plate of potato pancakes. You can use a blender to make the batter out of mashed potatoes. Add it to the rest of the ingredients in the recipe and combine well. When finished, it will be a little less harsh.
There are just 325 calories in one serving of this meal.
- 400 g of medium-sized potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Chopped parsley
- 1 small grated onion
- In a bowl, grate the potatoes once they’ve been peeled. Before adding the grated potatoes, onion, and egg, make sure to thoroughly wash and drain them. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Make a paste out of the ingredients by stirring them together. Toss in the all-purpose flour, sift it, and mix thoroughly.
- On medium-high heat, add oil to a large skillet. Pour about two tablespoons of the potato mixture onto the skillet and use the back of the spoon to flatten it.
- Cook the potato pancakes for about 5 minutes on each side or until they’re browned.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels and place the potato pancakes on it. The sour cream can be served separately, if desired. Freshly chopped parsley can be used as a garnish.