SESAME OIL CHICKEN
This sesame oil and ginger-crusted braised chicken is out of this world. In just 20 minutes, you can have a delicious home-cooked meal.
This sesame oil chicken recipe is one that I make on a regular basis at home.
With a lot of ginger and sesame oil, I prepare it at least once a few weeks. When a new mother goes through the postpartum period in Malaysia, sesame oil chicken or pork is typically provided.
For new mothers in China, ginger and sesame oil are regarded as hearty substances that will help them recuperate more quickly from childbirth.
Ginger, sesame oil, chicken, and soy sauce are all that are needed to make this chicken dish. To make the most delicious, aromatic, tender, and completely scrumptious chicken for steamed rice, use a Chinese clay pot to stew and braise it.
The best part is that it just takes 20 minutes to put together.
You won’t regret it if you cook it for dinner today, I promise!
Each serving of this recipe contains only 165 calories.
- 340 g chicken
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of ground white pepper
- 2-3 inches of ginger knob strips
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 cup of water
- Sesame oil should be heated in a skillet or wok over high heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, add the ginger strips and cook until they are fragrant but not brown. Soy sauce, white wine, and freshly ground white pepper can all be added after the chicken has been stir-fried for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once you’ve added the water, just give it a short swirl. Lower the heat and allow the chicken cook for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the flesh is cooked, depending on the thickness of the sauce. Prepare and serve the food right away.