The slow cooker is more than just a kitchen appliance; it’s the key to effortlessly crafting the Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast dish that guests can’t stop raving about. Imagine tender, juicy turkey breast, its fibers singing with the melodies of aromatic herbs, all with minimal supervision. The Slow Cooker Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast not only elevates weeknight dinners but also shines on special occasions. Delivering succulent meat coupled with captivating herb nuances, this dish exemplifies that culinary elegance can indeed be achieved with ease.
- 4-5 lbs bone-in turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- ½ cup white wine (or additional broth)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups turkey drippings and cooking liquid
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Prep the Turkey Breast
- Start by patting the turkey breast dry with paper towels. This will help the herb rub adhere better to the meat.
2. Create the Herb Rub
- Mix the dried thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper using a small bowl.
- Make sure every side of the turkey breast is coated in the herb mixture by rubbing it all over.
3. Sear the Turkey (Optional)
- Turkey breast gains an added dimension of flavor when seared in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. This step is not required but does give the final meal more flavor.
4. Set Up the Slow Cooker
- Place the seared or unsealed turkey breast into the slow cooker.
5. Prepare the Cooking Liquid
- Whisk together the chicken or turkey broth, white wine (or additional broth), Dijon mustard, and melted butter in a bowl.
6. Slow Cook Turkey
- The slow-cooked turkey breast should be doused with the prepared cooking liquid.
- Add the prepared cooking liquid to the slow cooker and top with the turkey breast.
- Ensure the turkey’s internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) by cooking it on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
7. Make the Gravy (Optional)
- When the timer goes off, carefully take the turkey from the slow cooker and set it on a serving plate. A break of around 10 minutes is suggested.
- Drain the slow cooker’s cooking liquid into a basin to make gravy.
8. Prepare the Gravy
- Separately, melt the butter over low to medium heat (2 tablespoons).
- Two tablespoons of all-purpose flour should be added to the melted butter, and the mixture should be whisked constantly for a minute or two until the flour is cooked and fragrant.
- Add the turkey cooking liquid and drippings gradually while whisking until the gravy reaches the desired thickness. To taste, season with salt and black pepper.
9. Carve and Serve
- Carve the turkey breast into slices and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Drizzle some of the prepared Gravy over the turkey slices.
10. Enjoy the Effortless Elegance
- Serve the Slow Cooker Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast alongside your favorite sides, and enjoy the tender, flavorful meat with the added convenience of slow cooker magic.
The Slow Cooker Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast is a remarkable example of how simple ingredients and a slow cooker can yield extraordinary results. With the infusion of aromatic herbs and the savory cooking liquid, this dish showcases the brilliance of low and slow cooking. Whether it’s a relaxed family dinner or a holiday feast, this turkey breast will undoubtedly take center stage, impressing your taste buds and guests.