Thanks to Martin Yan’s simple recipe, you can make this mouthwatering Chinese-style crispy fried popcorn chicken in minutes.
Crispy popcorn chicken is a modification of the recipe from Martin Yan’s China cookbook.
Chinese five-spice powder is an aromatic and intensely flavorful Chinese ingredient that Chef Yan came across on a street vendor in Guangzhou, China, on a business trip. This particular street style, the crispy fried chicken recipe called five-spice powder, is a classic Chinese cooking ingredient.
Flavorful fried chicken is made even better with Chinese five-spice powder. I’m in awe of its beauty. Five-spice powder from China is available in Asian markets and on the internet.
Many other Chinese meals benefit significantly from the marinade made from this item. I’m confident you’ll love this dish if you give it a whirl.
INGREDIENTS FOR POPCORN CHICKEN
- Ground white pepper
- Chinese five-spice powder
- Chicken breast/thigh
- Sesame oil
- It is called Popcorn Chicken because it is small and easy to eat.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 197 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
If you’re going to have this, make it a snack. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
- BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- ASIAN BRINED PORK CHOPS
- GARLIC BOK CHOY
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep-frying
- 500 grams skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Incorporate the five-spice powder, sugar, salt, and white pepper into the mixture. Make a thorough stir.
- Afterward, marinate the chicken pieces for up to four hours in the refrigerator.
- Deep-fry by putting the oil in a wok and heating it up. Coat the chicken nuggets equally with corn starch after being dipped in a beaten egg before being immersed in egg. The chicken should be taken out of the oil and placed on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Serve the dish right away with a spicy dipping sauce of your choice.