Beef, onion, and black pepper in a simple Chinese stir-fry. This recipe just takes 20 minutes to prepare, but the results are far superior to ordering in.
Beef stir-fry, especially Chinese beef stir-fry, is a crowd-pleaser. My cookbook, Easy Chinese Recipes, has this pepper steak recipe.
Ingredients to make Black Pepper Steak
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Sesame Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chinese Rice Wine
- Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Oyster Sauce
- Stir-fry the onions for a little longer if you like caramelized onion flavor and texture in your beef (steak).
- It’s essential to use a lot of black pepper in this popular beef stir-fry since it enhances the flavor and makes this dish the ultimate black pepper beef that everyone craves.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 486 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Spring Rolls
- Cashew Shrimp
- Garlic Mushroom Bok Choy
- 8 oz. beef tenderloin, flank steak, or flap meat, cut into pieces
- 1/2 small deseeded green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- 2 ½ tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 small deseeded red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, cut into strips
- 1 small fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maggi seasoning sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- For around 15 minutes, marinate the beef using the marinade ingredients.
- A wok or skillet should be used to heat the oil to a high temperature. Cook the beef in a wok until it has browned on the exterior but is still pink inside. Set the dish on the counter.
- Bring the remaining oil to a rapid boil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or wok. Garlic and ginger should be sautéed in a pan until fragrant, then add the green and red bell peppers, onions, and black pepper. Stir-fry the items in the wok until they begin to give off an aroma.
- Put the steak back in the skillet or wok. Stir-fry until the beef is thoroughly cooked and the center no longer shows any pink color. Serve with steaming rice right away after preparing.