CHEESE PUFFS (GOUGERES)
Gougeres are puffy, light, and airy French cheesy puffs that are easy to make. Oh, the cheese! So much mozzarella and parmesan!
WHAT IS GOUGERE?
A choux pastry is used to make gougeres, which are French cheese puffs filled with cheese.
Whenever I’m in the mood for cheese puffs, my go-to dish is gougeres.
These bite-sized morsels are tempting and difficult to put down.
Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese are the main ingredients of this pizza. They have a great perfume and are fragrant and delectable to eat as well.
There is nothing I can’t do with these!
Cheese puffs can be made in a variety of ways.
This recipe for cheese puffs will be a cinch for you to make because of the simple, step-by-step directions you’ll receive.
Also known as “paté au choux,” this pastry can also be utilized to create a variety of delectable baked goods.
18 golden-hued fluffy, light, and airy cheese puffs result from this recipe, which makes plenty. Each puff has 80 calorie count.
As a side dish, this recipe is ideal. They can be served with any type of main dish.
Try this simple and quick meal. Make two batches since they’ll be gone in a flash!
- 70 g of unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon of minced Italian parsley
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes. Using parchment paper, cover a baking sheet.
- Boil the water, butter, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Stir the flour until a dough forms. Cook for a further 2 minutes to completely dry out the dough. Let the dough cool slightly before transferring it to a basin.
- Beat the eggs separately, being careful not to overmix. Mix in the mozzarella cheese and parsley thoroughly.
- Round each ball of dough with a teaspoon and place it on the parchment paper you’ve prepared. Separate them by 1.5-2 inches.
- If you’d like, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of the dish.
- 10 minutes at 220°C (425°F) and another 20-25 minutes at 380°C (190°C) or until golden brown is the goal when baking this bread.
- Serve immediately.
This dish can be made with any sort of grated cheese or herb.