Indulge in the pure simplicity of our culinary creation, the tantalizing Tangy Lemon Infused Chicken Thighs with Roasted Potatoes. This delightful one-pot wonder, requiring only seven ingredients, can be swiftly prepared for the oven. It serves as the perfect gastronomic ally, catering to those cherished weekday evenings where comfort and ease take precedence. Experience the harmonious marriage of succulent chicken thighs with perfectly roasted potatoes in this irresistible dish.
The secret to this recipe’s appeal is its humble elegance. Combining the flavors of lemon, olive oil, herbs, and chicken, it elevates a straightforward roast to a dish of sublime taste. If you’re a fan of chicken imbued with a lemony zest, this is a recipe you’ll find hard to resist. Opting for chicken thighs simplifies the cooking process, and the potatoes take on a savory depth, being baked in the same pan as the chicken.
To round off the meal, a vibrant salad on the side works wonders. A homemade dressing of honey, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, a hint of Dijon mustard, and a dash of salt and pepper would beautifully complement the roast.
Tangy Lemon Infused Chicken Thighs with Roasted Potatoes: Ingredients
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to your preference
- ¼ cup of prime olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of Eastern or Yukon Gold potatoes (cleaned and cubed)
- 1 ripe lemon (sliced finely)
- 10 whole garlic cloves (peeled)
- ¼ cup of freshly cut cilantro or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rub the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Warm the olive oil in a roasting pan over a medium-high heat stove.
- Start browning the chicken pieces in the heated oil, skin-side down. After about 5-7 minutes, flip them. Toss in the cubed potatoes, ensuring they’re nicely coated in oil. Add in the thin lemon slices and peeled garlic cloves, and give everything a good mix, so the oil is well distributed.
- Transport the roasting pan to the oven and let it bake for an estimated 30 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, and the potatoes are soft and tender. After removing the pan from the oven, scatter over your choice of fresh herbs. Now, your delightful one-pot dinner is ready to serve and savor.