Marinated in a Chinese spice rub, garlic, and soy sauce for tender, juicy chicken wings that require a few simple ingredients. It’s scrumptious!
Grilled chicken wings are a must-have dish for summer barbecues and backyard parties.
Intensely flavored, aromatic, and utterly fantastic, Five Spice Chicken Wings are one of my favorite chicken wings recipes. It’s also a breeze to put together!
Chinese five-spice powder is used as a seasoning. It’s excellent as a rub for chicken wings since it adds many flavors and scents.
Five-spice powder is available in a bottled form in the spice section of most supermarkets, thanks to the presence of large spice businesses. It’s a breeze to work with. Use a small amount as a seasoning or marinating component.
These chicken wings are seasoned using the ingredients listed below in addition to the five-spice powder:
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
When using a gas grill, follow these instructions:
- Set the gas grill to medium heat and prepare it. Using direct heat to grill chicken wings results in charred skin and an explosion of flavor and scent. However, overcooking the outside of the chicken wings will result in them being overcooked on the inside.
- Grill the wings as directed. On a grill set to high heat, the skin should be slightly browned but not scorched. Ensure the opposite side is browned by turning it over and grilling it for a few minutes.
- Make sure the wings aren’t in direct contact with any flame or heat by turning the heat down to medium-low. Continue cooking the wings until they are well cooked on the inside.
- Inspect the wing’s internal temperature. The ideal internal temperature for this dish is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve the wings as soon as they’ve come off the grill.
- Yes, you may use a charcoal barbecue for cooking the wings in the same way. The method should be similar to the one outlined previously. When the temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, they are done.
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 361 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
With other summertime grilling recipes, these chicken wings are a great choice. Here are a few of my go-to dishes for summer cookouts in the backyard or on the patio.
- GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
- CHICKEN SATAY
- SHRIMP KEBAB
- LEMON BUTTER GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) chicken wings, party wings preferred
- 1 tablespoon honey
- After rinsing the chicken wings in the water, pat them dry with paper towels. Garlic, five-spice powders, soy sauce, oyster sauces, honey, and sesame oil should be added to the chicken wings in a Ziploc bag. Marinate the wings for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator after shaking off the excess marinade.
- Prepare a grill and cook them over direct heat for several minutes per side to cook your chicken wings. Serve at once.