An appetizer of shrimp wrapped in a spring roll wrapper and deep-fried. You can’t go wrong with this firecracker shrimp recipe.
Spring roll wrapper-wrapped shrimp are deep-fried to golden perfection to make Firecracker Shrimp.
The first bite of fried firecracker shrimp will leave you wanting more, and you won’t be able to stop eating them. The fact that these shrimps are so delectable ensures that they will knock your socks off.
Once the shrimp have marinated in ginger juice and other seasonings, they are ready to be cooked.
Afterward, you wrap the shrimp in spring roll skin and deep-fry them until they’re golden brown and crunchy.
The best way to enjoy these firecracker shrimp is to eat them as soon as they come out of the pan and slather them with Sriracha chili sauce.
Sit back and enjoy the blast of gingery and tasty juice that bursts into your tongue…
INGREDIENTS FOR FIRECRACKER SHRIMP
- White pepper
- Spring roll skin
- Red chili
- Sesame oil and seeds
- Lime juice
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 55 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
Serve this meal with chili sauce as an appetizer. I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN WINGS
- CHOW MEIN
- CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
- 20 pieces spring roll skins
- 1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
- 20 shrimps, shelled and deveined but leave the tail on
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked for sealing purposes
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 inches ginger, peeled, pounded with mortar and pestle, and squeezed for the juice
- 1/4 spoon of sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Marinade the shrimps with the ingredients mentioned above and the ginger juice, then dry with paper towels. Add the chopped scallion and red chile to the mixture. 20 minutes of marinating are required. Each shrimp should be encased in spring roll skins. Deep-fry the shrimp in a frying pan with oil until they’re light brown to a golden brown. Serve at once.