CHEESY ROASTED POTATOES WITH BACON
Garlic, cheddar cheese, and bacon-wrapped golden potatoes are cooked to perfection. Definitely a must-have for any event.
A loaded potato is the only thing I can’t get enough of.
Butter, cheese, and bacon flavor the fluffy white interior while it’s baked to perfection.
I was looking for a fresh way to serve potatoes for Thanksgiving, and then I came across the idea of sprucing up the classic side dish with a unique twist.
I present to you my Cheesy Bacon Roasted Potatoes. Rich tastes make it a show-stopper.
You’ll notice this by the fact that I cooked the potatoes in the bacon drippings I had saved.
I don’t think it’s required, but it does give the dish an extra layer of flavor that I enjoy. And if there’s one day of the year when I’m willing to splurge, it’s Thanksgiving.
A spoonful of sour cream would be a lovely addition to this side dish.
Bacon rubbed with coarse black pepper is another option for gourmet dinners.
If those flavors appeal to you, Apple wood and hickory-smoked varieties are also available.
This potato side dish is quite adaptable, so have fun experimenting!
In terms of cheese, I went with a sharp cheddar, but any kind will do.
Take a look at these golden-hued, flawlessly cooked tiny potatoes, cheese, and bacon bits…
Isn’t it time for Thanksgiving to hurry up?
Each serving of this recipe has 194 calories.
- 680 g of mini gold potatoes chopped into half.
- 150 g of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 slices of diced thick-cut bacon
- 2 stalks of chopped green onion
- Ground black pepper
- Set a medium-high heat to a pan. It’s time to crisp up that bacon!
- Transfer the bacon to a paper-lined dish with a slotted spoon.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Mix in the potatoes and garlic into the bacon-cooking pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and soft, depending on the size of the potatoes. To ensure consistent cooking, stir every few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes with the bacon, onions, and cheese; set aside. Serve right away after you’ve combined the ingredients.
Green onions can be replaced with chives. For a more indulgent dinner, you can add more cheese.