Gnocchi made in a skillet with garlic, parmesan cheese, and cream sauce – a quick and easy weeknight meal. Cooking time for this meal is approximately 15 minutes, making it ideal for a midweek dinner.
Gnocchi is a soft-dough dumpling made from potatoes, wheat flour, or semolina popular in Italy.
They are considered pasta because they are minor and are typically rolled over the tines of a dinner fork to give them their distinctive form. A sauce or pesto, such as garlic pesto, is usually served alongside the gnocchi.
The gnocchi recipe I’m sharing with you today is straightforward and tasty, and it can be prepared in about 15 minutes, making it ideal for dinner tonight.
The savory and creamy garlic Parmesan sauce, which is filled with the aroma of sage, is poured over the doughy small potato dumplings before baking. The heart of the gnocchi is exceptionally soft and supple, and it is a treat to the taste bud to eat.
While fresh gnocchi can be created from scratch by combining cooked potatoes and all-purpose flour, store-bought gnocchi is also available and are rather tasty in their own right.
Gnocchi can be found in stores in various forms, including fresh, frozen, and dried. I used frozen Skillet Gnocchi from the Rana brand for this recipe (found in the cheese section).
They are pre-cooked and simply require a few minutes of cooking time. If you can get fresh gnocchi at your local market, pick them up. I try to avoid dry gnocchi because they are not as tasty.
It is not necessary to boil the gnocchi before cooking them in the skillet. Simply fry the gnocchi in a skillet for a few minutes on each side until they are golden brown and you’re done. There will be no boiling water or drainage.
As shown in the photo, you can pan-fry the gnocchi in a skillet until the outside is crispy, but the center is soft, supple, and fluffy.
The following components will be required to produce the creamy sauce for the gnocchi:
- Parmesan cheese
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil or butter
- Whipping cream
When the sauce is combined with the soft and chewy gnocchi, the result is really delicious. It’s delicious!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 468 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- BAKED CHICKEN WITH HONEY GARLIC
- CRAB LEGS WITH GARLIC LEMON BUTTER
- GARLIC HERB SAUTEED MUSHROOMS
- LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs. (600 g) skillet gnocchi
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 units sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat until shimmering. Sauté for 10 seconds after adding the minced garlic and sage. Add the gnocchi to the skillet, spreading them out evenly and gently stirring them in.
- Season w/ salt and cayenne pepper and stir in the chicken stock and heavy whipping cream until well combined. Cook, often stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until the gnocchi is cooked through and soft and tender inside, stirring occasionally but gently.
- Serve the gnocchi immediately after topping them with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe calls for two (2) packets of RANA 12 oz. (340g) Skillet Gnocchi (RANA).
- Instead of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter can be substituted.