Crispy, chewy, and addictive handmade pretzel bits. Serve them with a cheddar cheese sauce. This recipe can be served and eaten any time of the day or night.
This recipe is nearly fail-proof when making soft pretzels at home. To make these delectable and irresistible pretzel bites, just cut the soft pretzels into bite-sized pieces.
This week’s theme is food! It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe for doughnut holes, but today I’m dishing up this adorable, fun, and delicious soft pretzel bits dipped in cheese sauce.
I’m sure you’re drooling just thinking about them.
The mall isn’t the only place to get soft pretzels; you can make them at home with no effort. Pretzels are a classic American snack food, and I recommend that you try my foolproof recipe.
Only four straightforward steps are required to create the dish.
- Get your dough going and allow it to rise.
- Pretzels can be made from the dough.
- Pretzels should be cooked in a pot of hot, bouillon-flavored water with baking soda.
- Bake the pretzels in a preheated oven
This is a simple and enjoyable process. Do not shape the dough into a conventional pretzel shape if you want to make pretzel bites.
Instead, cut the dough into bite-sized pieces by rolling it out into logs and then cutting the logs/rods into them. The recipe and step-by-step photo tutorial are located at the bottom of the page.
Many options exist, but I prefer the simple butter and kosher salt pairing. It’s an excellent choice.
Simply brush the pretzel bites with egg wash, butter, kosher salt, or coarse sea salt, and they’re ready to serve.
There is no end to the alternatives. Depending on your preference, pretzel nibbles can be made with cheddar or cream cheese. If you’d prefer them sweeter, mix melted butter with cinnamon sugar before coating them.
However you choose to consume them, they are just delectable. It’s a snack that adults and children alike like. Enjoy!
What is the average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 450 calories.
With this recipe, what are its complementary dishes?
I’ve compiled a collection of recipes that are both healthy and quick enough to prepare on a weeknight.
- COCONUT SHRIMP
- HOW TO COOK SALMON
- TORTILLA CHIP-CRUSTED CHICKEN BITES
- BAKED PARMESAN GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water, bring it to oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7/8 to 1 cup warm water
CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine the salt, flour, sugar, instant yeast, and warm water; using the dough hook, beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- For six to eight minutes, or when the dough is smooth and elastic, turn it out onto a floured surface. When the dough has doubled in size, leave it in a warm place for an hour.
- A 207°C preheated oven is required. In a large saucepan, put 4 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to a boil and then let cool. The dough should be divided into four equal pieces.
- Cut the dough into bite-sized pieces once rolled into a log (about 1-inch length).
- Add in batches to the boiling water and wait 30 seconds before serving. Drain on paper towels after removing with a slotted spoon.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle the salt over the tops of the doughnuts. The bites should be baked for 12 to 15 minutes or golden brown.
- Make the Cheddar Cheese Sauce while the bites are baking. Over medium heat, gently melt the butter. Stir in the flour. In a saucepan, add the milk and whisk until it’s smooth. The cheese should be added gradually, frequently stirring, until it is completely melted and smooth. Transfer the sauce to a dipping bowl once the heat has been turned off.
- The baked pretzel pieces can be rolled in melted butter after they’ve been taken out of the oven. The Cheddar Cheese Sauce should be served right away, if possible.
- The recipe for King Arthur Flour’s Pretzel Bites was altered. Sally’s Baking Addiction provided the inspiration for this Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe.