If you’re looking to impress your guests, I’m confident that these honey wings with turmeric will do the trick.
Chicken wings, in particular, are a favorite of mine even though I enjoy seafood better. While most people think of chicken as dull, I believe it can be incredibly varied and delicious with the appropriate recipe and preparation.
The Chinese, Malay, and Indians in Malaysia have many inventive techniques and interesting recipes for cooking chicken, which makes me feel very fortunate to be a Malaysian. There are countless varieties of chicken curries, from Indian-Malaysian to Chinese-Malaysian, from satay to ayam percik to soups and stews to Nyonya cuisine. In Malaysia, chicken is a national delicacy.
My friend made these turmeric and honey wings for New Year’s Eve, and I’ve been craving them ever since. When I discovered that the Asian grocery in my area was doing a special offer on wings, I decided to buy some and make my own honey wings.
If you’re organizing a Super Bowl party this year, don’t be afraid to try something new. These honey-turmeric wings will definitely impress your visitors.
Each serving of this recipe has only 157 calories.
- 400 g of middle section chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 inches ginger
- Pulse the ginger until it is finely ground. By squeezing with your palm, you can remove the ginger and get the juice.
- For 1-2 hours, marinate the chicken wings in the ginger juice and all of the following ingredients.
- At 375°F (190°C), they should be golden brown or completely cooked. Serve immediately.
Chefs in Asian restaurants often pan-fry satay before grilling them over the stove top heat to get the charred appearance. I cooked my honey chicken wings in the oven for 20 minutes, then removed them from the oven. I then used a tong to hold the honey wing and cook it on my gas stove top (set to medium heat). Voila. Grilled honey chicken wings that are luscious and moist are on the menu.