Ginger Lemongrass Detox Iced Tea – with the help of ginger and lemongrass, this drink promises to purify the body. So simple to put up and ideal for the hot months!
All the best to everyone celebrating Independence Day, and I hope you had a great time and ate a lot of food.
Every holiday, whether it’s the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, I end up overindulging in food and alcohol.
When food is an essential part of every holiday celebration, it’s challenging to keep my appetite in check.
I usually look forward to detoxifying or cleansing my body after a considerable vacation (and a few pounds heavier) to shed the extra weight I’ve gained.
I resort to this healthy and delicious ginger lemongrass iced tea that promises a complete body cleansing.
This dish was given to me many years ago by a hotel in Thailand.
The hotel I stayed at advertised itself as a haven for health, wellness, and natural therapy.
This ginger lemongrass detox iced tea was served as a welcome drink, and I still remember it well.
At the first sip, I was smitten. To my delight, the hotel generously disclosed their secret ingredients: ginger and lemongrass, which I had to inquire about.
Lemongrass and ginger impart a spicy, earthy scent to the syrup.
The unusual flavor is intriguing and gratifying, and you’ll fall in love with it as soon as you sample it.
The average number of calories in one serving?
- Each serving of this recipe contains only 83 calories.
- 3-5 calamansi limes, optional
- 2 cups ice
- One lemon, sliced
- Three black tea bags
- 1-liter hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Two lemongrasses (white parts only, pounded and sliced)
- 2- inch (5 cm) piece of ginger, peeled and pounded
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Combine the tea bags with the boiling water in a jar and stir well. Let it cool down.
- Add lemongrass and ginger to the water in a small pot and bring it to a boil. You should reduce the water to about half a cup on medium heat. Stir in the sugar until it is evenly distributed. Set aside once the heat has been turned off.
- Next, add the syrup to your iced tea. Then put in the lime and the lemon slices. Serve chilled after thoroughly mixing the ingredients.